Combining sight, sound and motion, video is sometimes referred to as the holy grail of marketing and advertising. Traditionally thought of as a more expensive form of promoting your business, cost-effective strategies with video marketing are available.
Studies show that around 40% of shoppers visited a store online or in person as a direct result of watching a video. More specifically, Google is finding that “how to” searches on YouTube have grown dramatically over the last few years.
Consumers are spending an increasing amount of time viewing video content online and one study expects 80% of all internet traffic to be video driven by 2018. As a result, small businesses are increasing their investment in online video marketing.
Overall, video is the next best thing to talking to your prospects one-on-one, creating a very personal connection with your current and potential customers.
- Develop “how to” videos that expose your small business and your expertise
- Make a plan before shooting a video and explore working with a professional to help make your vision come to life
- Inject humor and personality to your videos to keep people engaged
- Show your product or service in action because people like to see what you do
- Keep videos “short and sweet.”